The Road Hazard Limited Warranty is included on all tires purchased at BJ’s on non-commercial vehicles with a wheel diameter of 24" or less. If BJ’s trained tire professionals determine the tire in question is damaged beyond repair, and that its continued use would compromise your safety, we will effect a replacement allowance under the terms and conditions herein. Road Hazard Warranties are good until any portion of the tire has worn to a depth of 2/32" or less, or for 36 months or 36,000 miles, whichever occurs first. If the failure occurs within the first nine (9) months of service, we will replace the tire at no charge, not to exceed $200 per tire. Thereafter, this warranty is pro-rated based on the number of months the tire has been in service.
What Is Covered
- Tires that have large punctures, slices, cuts or any other damage in excess of 1/4" in diameter that might compromise the structural integrity of the tire.
- A tire with a bubble in its sidewall. This is called an impact break and typically occurs when the tire has hit a pothole or other object, pinching the sidewall between the rim and the object.
What Is Not Covered
- Irregular wear caused by misalignment, mechanical defects of the vehicle or lack of maintenance.
- Improper inflation, overloading or driving on the tire with little or no air pressure.
- Accident, fire, vandalism, or purposeful abuse.
- Damage from obstructions or modifications of the vehicle.
- Improper installation, including but not limited to mounting, balancing and the like.
- Ozone or weather checking.
- Re-capped or re-tread tires.
- Cosmetic damage, sidewall abrasions or other appearance items that do not affect the safety or performance of the tire.
- Off-road or commercial use of tires.
- Tires purchased before 10/29/2007*.